ACCURACY INCREASE OF DETERMINING NAVIGATION PARAMETERS FOR LONG-RANGE RADIONAVIGATION SYSTEMS
Siberian Federal University 28, Kirenskogo Str., Krasnoyarsk, 660074, Russian Federation E-mail: AAleshechkin@sfu-kras.ru
In the given article the problem of increasing the objects coordinates’ determination accuracy from ground-based long-range radio navigation systems (RNS) was considered. The examples of such systems are the system of global coverage “Omega”, operating in VLF-band, the system of LF-band “Loran-C”, as well as MF-band systems “Sprut”, “Bras”, and others. As these systems operate in a low-frequency part of the radio spectrum, the results of measurements of the navigation parameters (differences of ranges, quasi-ranges, etc.) are influenced by characteristics of the underlying surface, resulting that the measured values of these parameters may vary significantly from their true values. The characteristics of the underlying surface include such parameters as resistivity and dielectric permittivity. If it is possible to provide a precise definition of the values of the characteristics of the underlying surface, it will be possible to calculate corrections to the measured values of the navigation parameters using known methods. Further, the measured values of the navigation parameters can be adjusted, which will increase the overall accuracy of determining the object’s coordinates. To determine the conductivity and the dielectric permittivity electromagnetic methods (EMM) equipment to determine the parameters of the underlying surface can be used. This equipment was developed in Krasnoyarsk Department of Geophysics OJSC “Almazzolotoavtomatika” with the participation of the Department of radio Electronic systems, of Siberian Federal University. The main purpose of this equipment is mineral exploration. The equipment provides measurements in the frequency band, corresponding to the operating band of the investigated radio-navigation systems. It allows to measure parameters of the underlying surface on the RNS operating frequencies values, and contributes to a more precise determination of the underlying surface parameters. In the article the mathematical expressions relating the parameters of the underlying surface with the measured values of the components of the field were presented, as well as a monogram, which can determine the values of conductivity and dielectric permittivity from measurements, made of the device. The description of the working program that performs the calculation of the parameters of the underlying surface, designed to run on a personal computer in the operating system environment Microsoft Windows XP/7/8 was given. The developed program provides automated input of measurement data from the measuring unit and the calculation of the underlying surface parameters values. The calculated results are output to a file, which can later be read and processed using Microsoft Office Excel program. At the end of the article the conclusion about the possibility of using the developed tool to determine the parameters of the underlying surface, required to improve the accuracy of coordinates determination using long-range RNS, operating in low-frequency part of the radio spectrum is given. The other possible applications of the device described as in communication technology, and for its intended purpose – in the electric prospecting are shown.
radio navigation systems, measurements, underlying surface, dielectric permittivity, specific resistivity, specific conductivity.
- Sosnovskiy A. A. et al. Aviatsionnaya Radionavigatsiya: spravochnik [Aviations Radionavigation : reference]. Мoscow, Transport Publ., 1990, 264 p.
- Boloshin S. B., Semenov G. A., Guzman A. S. Radionavigatsionnye sistemy sverkhdlinnovolnovogo diapazona [Radio navigation systems of superlong-wave range]. Moscow, Radio and svyaz Publ., 1985, 264 p.
- Radionavigatsionnyy plan Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Utverzhden prikazom № 118 Minpromtorga Rossiiot 2.09.2008 v redaktsii prikaza Minpromtorga Rossii ot 31.08.2011 № 1177. [Radio navigational plan of the Russian Federation. No. 1177 is approved by the order No. 118 of Minpromtorg of Russia of 2.09.2008 in edition of the order of Minpromtorg of Russia of 31.08.2011].
- Osnovnye napravleniya (plan) razvitiya radionavigatsii gosudarstv-uchastnikov SNG na 2013 - 2017 gody : Utverzhdeny Resheniem Soveta glav pravitel'stv SNG ob Osnovnykh napravleniyakh (Plane) razvitiya radionavigatsii gosudarstv-uchastnikov SNG na 2013–2017 gody ot 31 maya 2013 goda. [The main directions (plan) of development of radio navigation of the State Parties of the CIS for 2013 – 2017. Are approved by the Decision of Council of heads of governments of the CIS on the Main directions (Plan) of development of radio navigation of the State Parties of the CIS for 2013 – 2017 of may 31, 2013]. (In Russ.) Available at: http://aggf.ru/proekt/ zakon/npa_min/minpromtorg/rnprf2013.docx. (accessed 14.04.2015).
- Aleshechkin A. M., Bondarenko V. N., Kokorin V. I. [Results of pilot studies of broadband radio navigational system of mediumwave range]. Giroskopiya i navigatsiya. 2009, No. 4(67), P. 46–53 (In Russ.).
- Aleshechkin A. M., Bondarenko V. N., Kokorin V. I. [Broadband radio navigational system for sea consumers]. Trudy 6 Rossiiskoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Sovremennoe sostoyanie i problemy navigatsii i okeanografii” [Proc. 6th. Russian scientific and technical conference “Current state and problems of navigation and oceanography”]. St. Petersburg, 2007, P. 232–238 (In Russ.).
- Aleshechkin A. M., Bondarenko V. N., Byakov A. G. Bortovaya stantsiya shirokopolosnoy sistemy morskoy radionavigatsii [Onboard station of broadband system of sea radio navigation]. Sbornik trudov 13 Mezhdunarodnoy Konferentsii “Radiolokatsiya, navigatsiya, svyaz” [Proc. 13th international conference “Radar-location, Navigation, Communication”]. Voronezh, 2007, Vol. 3, Pр. 1932–1942 (In Russ.).
- Aleshechkin A. M., Bondarenko V. N., Kokorin V. I. [Simulator of signals of sea radio navigational system]. Trudy 6 Rossiiskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Sovremennoe sostoyanie i problemy navigatsii i okeanografii” [Proc. 6th. Russian scientific and technical conference “Current state and problems of navigation and oceanography”]. St. Petersburg, 2007, P. 228–232 (In Russ.).
- Agafonnikov A. M. Fazovye radiogeodezicheskie sistemy dlya morskikh issledovaniy [Phase radio geodetic systems for sea researches]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1979, 164 p.
- Salomatyov Yu. P. Inzhenernye metody rascheta rasprostraneniya radiovoln vdol’ poverkhnosti Zemli [Engineering methods of calculation of propagation of radio waves along Earth surface]. Krasnoyarsk, SFU Publ., 2009, 164 p.
- Igolkin V. I., Lebedev V. F., Khokhlov M. F., Tronin O. A., Aleshechkin A. M. [The equipment of inductive methods of alternating harmonious current for ore and engineering geology]. Materialy nauchnoy konferentsii “ Sovremennye problemy geologii i razvedki poleznykh iskopaemykh” [Proc. Russian scientific conference “Modern problems of geology and investigation of minerals”]. Tomsk, 2010, P. 469–474 (In Russ.).
- Lebedev V. F., Tsaregorodtsev M. E. [Geophysical surveys of grounds and prospect of studying of dielectric permeability]. Kolyma. 1983, No. 2, P. 28–32 (In Russ.).
- Lebedev V. F. [Influence of dielectric permeability on elements of an ellipse of polarization of a field of a vertical magnetic dipole (uniform half-space)]. Opytno-metodicheskie issledovaniya po oprobovaniyu geofizicheskoy apparatury, razraba-tyvaemoy i vypuskaemoy NPO «Sibtsvetmetavtoma-tika» : razdel otcheta za 1979 g. [Funds Science and Production Association “Sibtsvetmetavtomatika”, The report “Skilled and methodical researches on approbation of the geophysical equipment developed and released by SPA Sibtsvetmetavtomatika for 1979”]. Krasnoyarsk, 1980, P. 144–148.
- Tronin O. A. [Methods of measurement of electric properties of breeds of a Earth surface]. Trudy nauchnoy koferentsii “Sovremennye problemy razvitiya nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya” [Proc. Scientific conference “Modern problems of development of science, equipment and education”]. Krasnoyarsk, 2009, P. 225–229 (In Russ.).
- Veshev A. V., Ivochkin V. G., Ignat’ev G. F. Elektromagnitoe profilirovanie [Electromagnetic profiling]. Leningrad, Nedra Publ., 1971, 216 p.
- Yakubovskiy Yu. V., Renard I. V. Elektrorazvedka [Electroinvestigation]. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1991, 376 p.
Aleshechkin Andrey Mikhaylovich – Dr. Sc., Docent, professor of Radioelectronics systems Department, Institute of Engineering Physics and Radioelectronics, Siberian Federal University. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tronin Oleg Aleksandrovich – Cand. Sc., Docent of Radioelectronics Systems Department, Institute of Engineering Physics and Radioelecronics, Siberian Federal University. E-mail: email@example.com