621.791.72 Vestnik SibGAU 2014, No. 3(55), P. 224–230
WELD FORMATION CONTROL AT ELECTRON BEAM WELDING WITH BEAM OSCILLATIONS
Perm National Research Polytechnic University 29, Komsomolsky Av., Perm, 614990, Russian Federation Institute of Electronics Bulgarian Academy of Sciences 72, Tzarigradsko Chaussee, Sofia 1786, Bulgaria Technology Centеr of Electron Beam and Plasma Technologies 68–70, Vrania ul., ap. 10, Sofia, 309, Bulgaria  National Research University “Moscow Power Engineering Institute” 14, Krasnokazarmennaya str., E-250, Moscow, 111250, Russian Federation Е-mail: email@example.com
Electron beam welding is used extensively to produce essential machine parts. The control of the basic beam para-meters – beam power or beam current at constant accelerating voltage, welding speed, current of focusing lens and distance between electron gun and welded sample surface – is not enough to obtain at most of the regimes sound welds. Control of the focus position using analysis of the high frequency component of the current, collected by plasma, at periodic interactions on the beam (the oscillation of the beam or modulation of the focusing current) could be a way for the formation of non-defect welds at these conditions. The statistical analysis of weld geometry is shown.
electron beam welding, penetration control, focus control, beam oscillation, focus scanning.
- Rai R., Burgardt P., Milewski J. O., Lienert T. J., DebRoy T. Heat transfer and fluid flow during EBW of 21Cr–6Ni–9Mn steel and Ti–6Al–4V alloy, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Jan. 2009, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 1–12.
- Rai R., Palmer T. A., Elmer J. W., DebRoy T. Heat transfer and fluid flow during EBW of 304l stainless steel alloy, Weld. J., Mar. 2009, vol. 88, p. 54–61.
- Dey V., Kumar Pratihar D., Datta G. L., Jha M. N., Bapat T. K. Optimization of bead geometry in EBW using a Genetic Algorithm, J. of Mat.Proc.Tech., Feb. 2009, vol. 209, iss. 3, p. 1151–7.
- Koleva E. Electron beam weld parameters and thermal efficiency improvement, Vacuum, Mar. 2005,
vol. 77, iss. 11, p. 413–21.
- Recommended practices for EBW, ANSI/AWS, American Welding Society, Miami, FL, 1999, p. 1–99.
- Krinberg I. A., Mladenov G. M. Formation and expansion of the plasma column under electron beam-metal interaction, Vacuum, 2005, vol. 77, p. 407–11.
- Trushnikov D. N., Belen’kiy V. Ya., Yazovskikh V. M., Krotov L. N. Formation of a secondary-emission signal in EBW with continuous penetration, Weld. Int., 2007, vol. 21, no. 5, p. 384–6.
- Yazovskikh V. M., Trushnikov D. N., Belen’kiy V. Ya. The mechanism of secondary emission processes in EBW with the modulation of the electron beam, 2004, Weld. Int., vol. 18, no. 9, p. 724–9.
- Trushnikov D. N. Using the wavelet analysis of secondary current signals for investigating and controlling EBW, Weld. Int., DOI:10.1080/09507116.2012.715932, Oct. 2012, to be published.
- Max J. Méthodes et techniques de traitement du signal et applications aux mesures physiques, 3rd ed., Jean-Louis Lacoume, Paris, 1981, vol. I, p. 10–50.
- Orfanidis S. J. Optimum Signal Processing. An Introduction, 2nd ed., Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New York, 1996, p. 5–30.
- Trushnikov D., Belenkiy V., Shchavlev V., Piskunov A., Abdullin A., Mladenov G., Plasma charge current for controlling and monitoring EBW with beam oscillation, Sensors, 2012, vol. 12, p. 17433–45.
- Smurov I. Y., Uglov A. A., Lashyn A. M., Matteazzi P., Covelli L., Tagliaferri V., Modelling of pulse-periodic energy flow action on metallic materials, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 1991, vol. 34, p. 961–71.
- Kovaleski S. D., Gilgenbach R. M., Ang L. K., Lau Y. Y. Dynamics of electron beam ablation of silicon dioxide measured by dye laser resonance absorption photography, Appl.Phys.Letters, 1998, vol. 73, no. 18, p. 2576– 2578.
- Mueller G., Konijnenberg M., Kraft G., Schultheiss C. Deposition by means of pulsed electron beam ablation, in Science and Technology of thin film, World Scientific Publ.Co PET LTD, 1995.
Trushnikov Dmitriy Nikolaevich – Candidate of Engineering Sciences, associate professor of Applied Physics Department, Perm National Research Polytechnic University. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Koleva Elena Georgieva – Doctor, Institute of Electronics of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Technology Centеr of Electron Beam and Plasma Technologies. E-mail: email@example.com
Mladenov Georgy Mihaylov – Doctor of Phisical Science, Professor, Corr.Mem. of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Electronics of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Technology Centеr of Electron Beam and Plasma Technologies. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com