631.1 Vestnik SibGAU 2014, No. 3(55), P. 217–223
POTENTIAL OF DETECTION RANGE OF BORDERS OF OIL RESERVOIR USING LOGGING TOOL WITH BROADBAND ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE
The Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences 50, bld. 38, Akademgorodok, Krasnoyarsk, 660036, Russian Federation Е-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
On large-scale radar stand at the IF SB RAS, the experiments on sensing of oil-saturated sand using the laboratory pulsed electromagnetic logging tool, which was placed in a cylindrical shell of a commercially available borehole logging tool (VIKIZ), were conducted. For this purpose a big wood box (1.5м × 3.2м × 2.7м) filled moist sand moisturized with brine was built. The box was located in a laboratory room on a concrete screed. Borehole radar antennas are resistively loaded dipole antenna with extended bandwidth. The transmitting antenna was connected to the hi-voltage (~3kV) generator, the receiving antenna to the stroboscopic oscilloscope. With variation of the distance between the transmitting and receiving antennas the signals of receiving pulses were recorded. On the basis of measurements of the pulse shapes at the output of the receiving antenna, depending on the distance between the transmitting and receiving antennas were found propagation velocity and attenuation of sensing pulses. Experimentally was proved the possibility of recording probe pulses, that propagates in the oil-saturated sand at the distance up to 2.65 m. At given dynamic range of the logging tool transceiver (128.3 dB), the boundary of the oil-saturated sand can be detected at the distances up to 1.3 m. Furthermore it is shown that temporary forms of sensing pulses measured at the output of the receiving antenna of the logging tool are described theoretical model with high accuracy. The results of this study allow you to plan and start bench testing of prototypes borehole probes.
oil and gas reservoir, borehole radar, UWB pulses.
- Liu S., Sato M. Electromagnetic logging technique based on borehole radar. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. 2002, vol. 40, no. 9, p. 2083–2092.
- Hansen T. B. The far field of a borehole radar and its reflection at a planar interface. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. 1999, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 1940–1950.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Eltsov I. N., Salomatov U. P., A Geosteering Tool for Horizontal Well Logging. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2013, vol. 54, no. 9, p. 1103–1107.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Komarov S. A., Muzalevskiy K. V. Ultrabroadband electro- magnetic wave propagation in hydrocarbon reservoirs in the presence of an oil-water interface. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2009, Vol. 50, no. 1, p. 46–52.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V. Sverkhshirokopolosnoye elektromagnitnoye zondirovaniye neftegazovogo kollektora [Ultra-wideband electromagnetic sounding of the oil and gas reservoir]. Novosibirsk, SO RAN Publ., 2011, 110 p.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Komarov S. A., Muzalevsky K. V. Nanosecond electromagnetic sounding of a fluid-saturated layered formation. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2007, vol. 48, no. 12, p. 1054–1060.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Yeltsov I. N., Geosteering Technology of Drilling Tool in a Layered Medium Oil and Gas Reservoir. Proceedings International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications SIBCON. 2011, p. 155–158.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Yeltsov I. N. UWB Borehole Logging Tool to Explore the Electrical and Structural Properties of Near-wellbore Fluid-filled Areas. Proceedings PIERS. 2011, September 12-16, Suzhou, CHINA. P. 59–62.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Yeltsov I. N. UWB Electromagnetic Borehole Logging Tool. in Proceedings IGARSS. 2010, July 25-30, Honolulu, USA. P. 3565–3567.
- Muzalevskiy K.V. [Measurement of the frequency spectra of the complex permittivity of the oil-saturated rocks using the logging tool] Vestnik SibGAU. 2011, vol. 40, no. 7, p. 127–131. (In Russ.)
- Epov M. I., Kabanikhin S. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Shishlenin M. A. [A comparative analysis of two methods for calculating electromagnetic fields in the near-well space of oil and gas collectors]. Sib. Zh. Ind. Mat. 2011, vol. 14, no. 2, p. 132–138.
- Epov M. I., Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V., Kabanikhin S. I. [Application of the method of discrete sources to calculate the pulsed electromagnetic fields UWB dipole probe in environments of oil and gas reservoir]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Fizika. 2010, no. 9/3, p. 257–262. (In Russ.)
- Mironov V. L., Muzalevskiy K. V. Testing of the theoretical model for a wideband pulse propagation in the oil-gas collector media. PIERS Preceeding. 2009, Vol. 1, p. 303–305.
- Balzovskiy Ye. V., Buyanov Yu. I., Koshelev V. I. [UWB dipole antenna with resistive shoulders scientific publication]. Radiotekhnika i elektronika. 2004, vol. 49, no. 4, p. 460–465. (In Russ.)
- Epov M. I., Bobrov P. P., Mironov V. L.,
Repin A. V. Dielectric relaxation in oil-bearing clayey rocks. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2011, Vol. 52, no. 9, p. 1028–1034.
Muzalevskiy Konstantin Viktorovich – Candidate of Phisical and Mathematical Sciences, research fellow of the Laboratory of Radiophysics of the Earth Remote Sensing of the Kirensky Institute of Physics SB RAS, senior teacher of the KMT IKIVT, Siberian State Aerospace University named after academician M. F. Reshetnev. E-mail: email@example.com
Mironov Valeriy Leonidovich – Doctor of Phisical and Mathematical Sciences, professor, corresponding member of the RAS, head of the Laboratory of Radiophysics of the Earth Remote Sensing of the Kirensky Institute of Physics SB RAS, head of the Department of the KMT IKIVT, Siberian State Aerospace University named after academician M.F.Reshetnev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikhailov Mikhail Ivanovich – engineer of the Laboratory of Radiophysics of the Earth Remote Sensing of the Kirensky Institute of Physics SB RAS. E-mail: email@example.com